1. Welcome to the Polaroid Striking Portraits Photo Challenge terms and conditions.We’re glad that you are here.
2. You are reading this because you would like to participate in our Striking Portraits Photo Challenge on the @polaroid Instagram channel (the Challenge).
3. By participating in the Challenge you affirm that you have read, understand and accept these terms & conditions (the Terms).
4. Please note that you are only eligible for a prize if you comply with the Terms in full.
5. The Challenge is open to all participants worldwide over the age of 18, provided that Polaroid’s employees and their immediate family members as well as residents of Quebec, Canada are unfortunately excluded.
6. Participation in the Challenge is free, so no need to make any purchase. A purchase of a Polaroid product does not increase your chances of winning.
What you need to do
7. To enter the Challenge, you should:
- have an Instagram account;
- be following @Polaroid on Instagram;
- set the visibility of your Instagram accounts to public for us to see the entry; and
- before 11:59 PM EST, 22 November 2020 submit your entry by posting a portrait image on Polaroid film via your own Instagram account, using the hashtag #polaroidphotochallenge and mentioning your camera and film type in the caption.
- Already posted a great portrait: just add the hashtag to your caption and share the original post with us via DM.
8. You may post a maximum of 3 entries. Only the first 3 entries will be valid.
9. Your image should meet the following requirements:
10. Maripol shall at her sole discretion select 3 entries as winning photos (the Winning Photos).
11. The Winning Photos shall be selected by Maripol based on the following selection criteria for the entries: (i) interpretation of the theme, (ii) creativity, and (iii) technique, using the tips provided by Maripol (the Selection Criteria).
The Winning Photos
12. If your entry is selected as one of the Winning Photos you will win 5 packs of Polaroid 600 film with a value of EUR 18,99 per film pack so EUR 94,95 in total per Winning Photo (the Prize).
13. The Winning Photos will be announced on November 25 2020 by Polaroid via the @polaroid Instagram channel and will be featured on the @polaroid Instagram channel.
14. If your entry is a Winning Photo, Polaroid will send you a direct message on Instagram to collect your contact details shipping data for delivery of the Prize. These details need to be provided ultimately on December 1, 2020, otherwise the Prize will lapse.
15. The Prize will be shipped DDP to your registered address at our costs after you have shared your shipping address. The delivery time will depend on your place of residence.
16. Your personal details will solely be processed for the purpose of the delivery of the Prize.
17. If an entry is shot digitally and selected as one of the Winning Photos, Polaroid may expose such entry on Polaroid film via the Polaroid Lab.
18. Polaroid can at its own discretion decide to delete content from its channels when it believes that the content is in breach of these Terms.
19. By entering the Challenge, you grant to Polaroid the non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right to commercially use your entry on our social media channels, website, blogs and e-newsletter. You will retain the ownership and any possible intellectual property rights to the entry.
20. You will also grant the right to Polaroid to use your (account/user) name, image, location or other identifying information in connection with your entry.
21. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from the submitting of the content/use thereof by Polaroid. You will indemnify Polaroid, Maripol and all other releasees identified by Polaroid from any damages incurred as a result of the use of the content.
22. Prizes that are undelivered, unclaimed or returned to us will be deemed unwanted and the prize will be forfeited. The prize will not be re-allocated.
23. The prizes are not transferable or substitutable and no cash alternatives will be provided.
24. Any taxes or promotional fees are due by the winners.
25. Polaroid reserves its right to cancel this Challenge for any reason at any time without liability.
26. Polaroid will be the final arbiter in any decisions regarding the Challenge, and these will be binding.
27. This Challenge is in no way sponsored or administered by Maripol and/or Instagram.
28. These T&C shall be governed by Dutch law and all disputes in connection to the Challenge will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.