1. WHO WE ARE
Polaroid Film B.V. is a company registered with the commercial register (Kamer van Koophandel for Oost Nederland) in The Netherlands (registration number 08182413) whose registered office is at Hoge Bothofstraat 45, 7511 ZA Enschede, The Netherlands (Postbus 242, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands). Polaroid is part of the Polaroid group of companies. You may contact us on email@example.com.
We qualify as the controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), in relation to your personal data that we process as a result of the Use of the App (see paragraph 2).
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, as updated from time to time.
2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you Use the App, we and/or our third party data processors acting on our behalf may collect the following personal data about you:
Content: such as published photos within the App.
The date when an analog instant photo was made by using your device on which the App is installed. This enables you to easily sort different photos shot using that device.
In order to be able to offer our services in the App correctly and to create the best user experience, we receive the following personal data from third parties, such as app stores, operating system and device manufacturers, and analytical companies:
Usage and preference data:
We collect data about how you and other App users interact with our services, preferences expressed, and settings chosen.
We collect data about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions and preferred language.
When you interact with our services within the App, we create server logs, which may include data like access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity.
Please note that we do not access any personal data from the Google Play Store and/or Apple App Store.
3. LEGAL GROUND FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The legal ground for processing your personal data is:
- your consent;
- the necessity to perform an agreement with you (e.g. offering our services within the App); or
- the necessity to pursue our legitimate interests or those of a third party, where these interests override your interests or your fundamental rights. The legitimate interest we pursue is the proper conduct of our business activities, such as ensuring that the content from our services is presented in the most effective manner, to troubleshoot software burgs and operational problems and provide you with information on products and offers which are relevant to you.
4. HOW WE MAY STORE AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
Polaroid (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this App and its features available to you;
- to provide our services to you;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your personal data (including for crime and fraud prevention and combating and to comply with a court order) or for company acquisition/asset sale;
- to ensure that content from our services is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device; and
- to administer our services and for internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends..
For certain features the App accesses our website polaroid.com and its related domains and URLs (the "Website") on which we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes. If the App accesses the Website you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other reputable websites. We are committed to providing you with information on products and offers which are relevant to you. When you visit other websites you may see an advertisement for Polaroid because you visited the Website.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5.1. Company acquisition or business or asset sale
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because Polaroid has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the applicable data protection legislation, as amended from time to time.
5.2. Comply with applicable law
We may disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body. We may also disclose your personal data in response to a request for personal data by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
5.3. Subsidiaries and affiliated entities
We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries and affiliated entities within the Polaroid group that provide services or conduct data processing in relation to the App on our behalf.
5.4. Other relevant parties
We may disclose your personal data where necessary with our processors, vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such personal data to carry out work on our behalf for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
This App uses Google Analytics for Firebase, Google Analytics for Display Advertising, AdWords Remarketing and Google Firebase Crashlytics and services (i) provided by Google and (ii) providing insight into app usage and user engagement. Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of the App and compiling reports on App activity for us. Some Firebase services process personal data, that will be provided to us by Google in an aggregated manner. For this reason, a data processing agreement is concluded with Google.
The aggregated data received from Google does not represent personal data for us as we are not reasonably able to identify a specific user on the basis of this information, nor do we make any efforts to personalize it subsequently. We process these aggregated data to analyze and optimize usage behavior in general, for example by evaluating crash reports.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third party processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area and to other Polaroid group companies in connection with the above purposes. For example, some Polaroid group companies or processors are domiciled in the United States, which leads to the disclosing of your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
In such situations we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place that offer an adequate level of protection of your rights and freedoms as a data subject in accordance with the GDPR. We do this, for example, by concluding standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for the transfer of personal data, or by transferring your personal data only to third parties that are considered to guarantee an adequate level of protection by the European Commission. If you wish, you may request a copy of the existing model contractual clauses by using the contact information above.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data, in accordance with the GDPR, against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or unauthorized access, including by ensuring that:
- the confidentiality of your personal data is guaranteed, and the integrity and availability of your personal data will be maintained;
- our personnel is trained in information security requirements; and
- your personal data is protected against unauthorized access.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will not retain the personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected or processed. However, a longer retention period of your personal data may occur if this is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation or if (legal) proceedings are expected. We will in any case comply with legal data retention obligations. If you would like to receive more information about the retention periods that we apply, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
We may collect your personal data if a user of the App uploads and publishes photos where you are depicted on. If you have not given your consent to what other have shared about you on the App, you can request the person who uploaded the content to remove it or you can report this to us.
You have the following rights:
- the right of information about the personal data we process about you;the right to access your processed personal data;
- the right to rectify personal data that we hold about you;
- the right to erasure of your personal data (under circumstances listed in the applicable law);
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data (under circumstances listed in the applicable law);
- the right to object against the processing of your personal data (e.g. in relation to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes);
- the right to data portability (you can ask us to provide you or a third party with your personal data in a readable and accessible form); and
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
When the processing of your personal data takes place on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, after which we will stop the further processing of your personal data. However, withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to that moment. Please note that if you withdraw your consent certain features of our services within the App may no longer be accessible.
For security purposes we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to exercise your rights. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above.
Please take into account that your rights are not absolute in all cases, and that we may not be required to comply with your request. If that is the case, we will make sure you will be informed of this.
10. THIRD PARTY SITES
We do not exercise control over the websites that may be linked to the Website. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data, or solicit personal information from you.
12. QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS