Head of e-Commerce
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we're building: tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
The Head of e-Commerce is responsible for implementing, leading and driving our global e-Commerce strategy. Looking after operating metrics and key performance drivers such as conversion and qualified traffic.
Objectives of the role:
- Driving continued growth of e-Commerce sales for polaroid.com
- P/L Management, budgeting & forecasting
- Leads site merchandising strategy and implementation
- Partner with marketing to maximize results of acquisition and retention marketing tactics
- Develop digital roadmap and execute best-in-class customer experience across all e-Commerce touch points
- Responsible for global e-Commerce Architecture, Integrations and Processes
- Lead Conversion Optimization, UX, and design roadmap
- Lead Website Development, Development Agency, Technical SEO
- Online data collection, analyses and integrations
- Manage allocation of all products for .com channel with support of demand team
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on product strategy and marketing
- Manage customer service team with responsibility for end-to-end customer experience and customer service performance.
The ideal candidate
- Strong business and analytical acumen
- 8+ years in e-Commerce
- Ability to lead cross-functional team to deliver global e-Commerce projects
- Proven track record in leading DTC businesses maximizing for conversion
- Proven track record of growing online sales through managing product assortment, enhanced content and site experience.
- Ability to analyze website performance metrics and drive user behavior, translate metrics into actionable reporting, and grow online sales through optimization and engagement and acquisition
- Digital marketing experience is a plus
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens). You will be reporting directly to our CMO and working closely with the whole Marketing team as also peers from other departments.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Polaroid’s Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications must be accompanied by a personalised letter of motivation or they will not be considered.