Email Marketing Manager
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: Tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Objectives of the rule:
- Develop and drive overall email marketing strategy. Develop short and long-term channel roadmaps based on brand and channel strategy. Drive alignment with other marketing channels and the eCommerce manager.
- Manage email calendar and identify key opportunities to maximize revenue potential and align with brand objectives.
- Be responsible for channel financial and performance targets. Collaborate across the organization to maximize channel performance and drive improvements.
- Collaborate with E-comm and IMC teams on customer acquisition initiatives, email strategy, and targeting to ensure cross-channel alignment and optimal consumer experience.
- Develop and oversee continuous email testing plans to improve KPIs.
- Work closely with Data Analyst on email reporting and analysis. Leverage data to optimize future emails.
- Partner with E-comm to activate on opportunities to drive product sell-through and achieve financial goals.
- Analyze competitive landscape and stay up to date with trends and opportunities.
- 5+ years of E-mail Marketing experience.
- Deep knowledge of CRM platforms.
- Have been directly responsible for creating and executing campaigns to audiences >1M.
- Expert in email best-practices and industry trends. (Familiarity with push and SMS is advantageous.)
- Proven analytical experience—you’ll be expected to provide examples of testing strategies, analyzing results using web analytics, and putting in an action plan for improvement.
- Proven ability to develop innovative strategies and drive creativity while maintaining ROI.
- Strong understanding of direct-to-consumer business, eCommerce/Retail, competitive/business environment, and consumer behavior.
The ideal candidate:
- Strategic, data-driven decision maker.
- Forward-thinking with an innovative mindset.
- Proficient in spoken and written English, but other languages are a plus.
- Passionate about great content.
- Strong brand understanding and ability to deliver a premium consumer experience.
- Creative and conceptual thinker able to develop innovative solutions to problems and leading-edge design. Brings an editorial experience and point-of-view.
- Strong collaborator with proven ability to partner and influence. Ability to work with various teams, personalities, and disciplines around a common vision.
- People-management experience preferred but not required.
What to expect:
- This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ. You will report directly to the Senior Manager Digital Marketing.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Polaroid’s Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).