In-House Creative Studio
Studio Manager / Project Manager
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
In 2017, Polaroid launched Polaroid Originals: a brand dedicated exclusively to its original analog instant photography products. The response has been overwhelmingly positive, and it’s clear that people all over the world are delighted to see analog instant photography return to its rightful place at the heart of the Polaroid brand. Bringing analog instant photography back under the Polaroid umbrella was a significant milestone, but it was not the end of our journey. In March 2020, we take the next step and become one brand, with the one name: Polaroid.
Today’s Polaroid has analog instant photography at its core. It’s also much more representative of the brand that people all over the world came to know and love. By unifying our entire product portfolio under the Polaroid name, we are making it clear to consumers, retailers, and our partners that we are one, cohesive Polaroid and that we will be from this point onwards.
The success of Polaroid analog instant cameras and film is, and has always been, rooted in the way they help us capture, share, and cherish our most meaningful moments forever. As we look at 2020 and beyond, our company vision is to create products that bring people together in human and meaningful ways. We will do this through our product innovation, the way we do business, and the way we work each day.
It’s been an 82-year journey and we’re excited to be back where we belong.
The studio manager / project manager is an experienced project manager that oversees the creative team and the output of their daily work. Guides and supports the creative process from briefing, ideation, pre-production, production planning, post and responsible for final handover / delivery.
Objectives of the role:
- Work closely with Creative Director to maximize and optimize budget / creative resources.
- Manage the allocation of plans in line with the overall brand direction.
- Define project scope, level of effort, and project plan.
- Create staffing and resourcing requests based on project scope and studio general needs.
- Manage assigned project from start to finish on time.
- Project quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing the output of deliverables against approved scope.
- Determine project risks on a continual basis, escalate issues as needed.
- Assist with project status reports and ensure documentation is up to date.
- Monitor and enforce project constraints (schedule/ scope/ feedback/resources)
- Manage all assets attached to the project through final delivery.
- Initiate and lead all project meetings, establish clear goals and next steps for team members.
- Manage vendors and studio talent day to day workflow on assigned projects, create PO’s monitor actual vs budgeted costs.
- Strong leadership capabilities and can efficiently drive quick execution with team management.
- Efficient verbal and written communicator.
- Expert Level Problem Solver
- Ability to turn high stress circumstances into manageable and actionable plans.
- Knowledge of print production, media design & build, broadcast production and post production
- Operational decision making. Propose and drive production scenarios.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships.
- PMP Certification (not required)
- Strong project process and time management skills.
- Adaptable to new working processes and culture.
The ideal candidate
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Culture Steward
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ. You will be reporting directly to the Creative Director and working closely across the whole marketing and product teams.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to email@example.com.